The successful candidate will play a vital and accountable role in all aspects of the transaction process and pursuit of strategic business ideas. S/he will join a dynamic team that is far reaching, forward moving and also have the opportunity to work with clients and senior management.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in the origination and execution of equity transactions, including initial public offerings, follow-on equity offerings and convertibles.
• Target potential equity issuers and new equity capital raising by corporate clients; perform buy-side investor, equity market conditions and offering size analyses, and prepare equity roadshow layouts.
• Compile pitch presentations for numerous companies on topics that include common stock issuance, equity-linked alternatives, carve-outs/spin-offs, capital management, dividend strategy and share repurchases.
• Coordinate efforts with deal team members across the investment bank, including the capital markets, corporate finance, and mergers and acquisitions departments.
• Participate in prospectus drafting and due diligence, preparation of roadshow schedules and presentations, investor targeting and investor feedback, and development of equity pricing materials.
• Supervise and train junior analysts.
• Must have prior experience with quantitative and financial modeling for structuring of equity transactions using balance sheet, income statement, public comparables and transaction comparables analyses; and buy-side investor analysis and targeting for new equity capital raising efforts by corporate clients.
• One year of Investment Banking or related experience is highly preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Math or related field.
• Very strong financial modeling/valuation and analytical skills.
• Ability to comfortably interact with business clients and management.
• Excellent technology skills with strong Excel (macros, pivot tables, look-ups and filtering) and PowerPoint skills. S/he will be able to quickly learn new software applications.
• Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive. Energetic and decisive, with high level of integrity.
• S/he will be able to communicate concepts and ideas both verbally and via documentation, to and be able to defend their validity.
• Provide examples of a team mentality. A relationship builder, who can establish trust and credibility across the company.